News & Projects
Call me back
High-tech Solutions & Design B.V.
- +31 50 30 50 515
P.O Box 7105
9701 JC Groningen
Member of HSD Associates
OXAQUA RW: Recirculating water disinfection system
OXAQUA RW Recirculation Water Disinfection
HSD Water, parntner of BlueSense™ , offers OXAQUA RW; a reliable and sustainable water disinfection technology.
Based on the water electrolysis principle, OXAQUA RW sanitizes water stored in tanks and water towers by recirculating continuously a flow rate up to 7 m³/h without any addition of chemicals nor precursors such as sodium chloride. In addition it creates a small residual of oxidizer up to retain the quality of water while in storage or until the end-user’s point of use.
OXAQUA RW creates a recirculation loop of the (drinking) water storage tanks using an integrated pump. Its electrode will activate only when the oxidizer residual is reaching a low level (Built-in chlorine analyser provided in option OXAQUA RW CL).
OXAQUA RW uses the chlorides naturally present in the water to be treated (concentration has to be above 20 ppm Cl-) to generate on site and on demand up to 2 ppm of free chlorine under the form of hypochlorous acid, a strong oxidizer known for the prevention of the proliferation of bacteria, viruses, algae and molds in drinking and hot water systems. It is also efficient against many pathogens, such as E. Coli or Legionella Pneumophila.
On site Water Disinfection
OXAQUA RW is a compact system, easy to install and to control, even on existing pipework for retrofitting or replacement of obsolete disinfection systems.
The core of OXAQUA RW, the electrolysis cell, has a lifetime of up to 8,000 hours of operation, and an overall electric consumption of less than 500W, including the recirculation allows its installation not only on small to mid-size water supplies but also on fountain systems, water towers and reservoirs, drinking water tanks aboard ships and factory cooling processes.
The residual additional free chlorine generated will protect the distribution network (pipes & tanks) against micro-organism growth and will limit the biofilm development.
It is easily operated through an intuitive control panel and monitoring of the performance can be done through the built-in data-logger (optional). Altough it is generation a sanitizer, OXAQUA RW does not require any handling of chemicals, ensuring a minimum manpower and an extremely low carbon footprint.
Maintenance operations are also limited and do not necessitate specific skillset nor personal protection equipment.
Key benefits & advantages
- On-site generation of disinfected water
- Consistent chlorine production
- Integrated chlorine controller
- Production of a free chlorine residual
- Need of only 20 ppm of chlorides
- Low footprint
- Efficient on Legionella spp.
- Low production of by-products
- No handling of hazardous chemicals
- Easily fitted in valve chamber, no civil work required
- Adaptive to most waters (surface or ground water)
- No loss of chlorine strength, less adjustments of the dosage compared to Sodium Hypochlorite
- Operation of the unit only when required (free chlorine level)
- Treatment of the entire distribution network and security in case of contamination
- Can be installed on hot water or air conditioning systems
- No discharge of bromates in the environment, less chlorates and THMs compared to Sodium Hypochlorite
Examples of applications
- Building buffer tanks
- Beverage bottling industry (safeguarding processes & quality)
- Water Towers and Reservoirs
- Factory cooling processes (e.g.: Milk, …)