News & Projects
Call me back
High-tech Solutions & Design B.V.
- +31 50 30 50 515
P.O Box 7105
9701 JC Groningen
Member of HSD Associates
In-situ chlorine production plant
Based on years of experience, HSD is proposing drinking and process water treatment solutions to the agroindustry. OXAGRI is an innovative system producing a chlorine concentrate through the conversion of a brine solution, simply using dissolved salt.
Numerous OXAGRI units are successfully installed on flower bulbs preservation and post-harvest water systems. Providing hypochlorous acid, they sanitize large volumes of water and drastically limit the risk of product
contamination (efficient on mold, fungi, invertebrates such as nematodes or flies, bacteria).
A standard OXAGRI unit can generate up to 12 kg of pure chlorine per day (in 1 batch of 2,000 litres) and requires only 3 kWh. Larger demands can also be met by adding a secondary unit to the main one.
On-site ECA water generation
OXAGRI is based on APL Bright Spark’s technology that offers on site and on-demand production of a consistent chlorine solution.
No sodium is entering into the chemical reaction, the pH increase of the treated water is reduced and no acid injection is required to balance it. Electrical conductivity is also maintained at a lower level than when using other traditional disinfection methods.
OXAGRI uses only natural salt (NaCl) :
- No use of hazardous chemical is required (less CAPEX to implement)
- No loss of chlorine strength over time
- No vapor corrosion due highly concentrated chlorinating chemicals (Equipment lifetime)
- Improved safety for the operators
- Softened water is used to prepare a saturated brine (Salt + Water)
- Water is circulated through the electrolysis cell to produce a 6,000 ppm (0.6%) free chlorine solution.
- It is then transferred into the ECA Water tank, ready for use.
- A new brine is produced, softener is regenerated and a new batch is produced.
- No handling and storage of chemicals
- Eliminate risk of toxic liquid chemical spills
- No safety clothing or specialty equipment
- No specific skillset or training of personnel required for working with chemicals
Examples of applications:
Due to the operationality and cost-efficiency of the system, the OXAGRI can be applied for numerous applications where otherwise chemicals are used for disinfection.
- High flow rates of drinking water (water towers, poultry, cattle, etc…)
- Waste water treatment plants
- Flower bulb preservation
- Industrial/process water disinfection
- High needs of chlorine (agriculture, food production, cleaning of surafces and stables)
- Any other industry using chemicals for disinfection of equipment or surfaces , or industries that use big quantities of stored (process) water